fibre space™ owner Danielle Romanetti has spent a great deal of time searching the universe for the best fibres at the best possible prices. When you shop our store, you will see clearly marked signs for our eco friendly, animal free, local and USA made yarns. In addition, every yarn is labeled with a price on the yarn itself and on our shelf tags. Make better buying decisions by referring to our “price per 1,000 yards” information on the shelf signs.
We are excited to be carrying:
Hand Dyed in the USA
- Astral Bath Yarns: Portland, Maine
- Dream in Color: Aurora, Illinois
- Freia Fine Handpaint Yarns: Emeryville, California
- Hazel Knits: Seattle, Washington
- Lorna’s Laces: Chicago, Illinois
- Miss Babs: Mountain City, Tennessee
- Plucky Knitter: Holland, Michigan
- Space Cadet Creations: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Cephalopod Yarns: Baltimore, MD
- Dragonfly Fibers: Kensington, MD
- The Fiberists: Centreville, VA
- Neighborhood Fiber Company: Baltimore, MD
Hand Dye Imports
- DyeForYarn: Germany
- Hedgehog Fibres: Ireland
- Manos del Uruguay: Uruguay
- Skein Yarns: Australia
- Sweet Georgia Yarns: Canada
- The Uncommon Thread: United Kingdom
Made in the USA
In addition to the hand dyes listed above, the following yarns are milled in the USA or made from US grown wool.
- Appalachian Baby
- Brooklyn Tweed: LOFT and SHELTER, 100% grown and milled in the USA
- The Fibre Company: Savannah
- Freia Fine Handpaint Yarns: The wool in Lace is grown in Colorado.
- Gum Tree Farms: Middleburg, Virginia
- Imperial Stock Ranch: All of their Columbia wool yarns and fibres are sustainably produced on a historic family-owned ranch in Shaniko, Oregon.
- Miss Babs: This TN hand dyer has several bases that are milled in the USA.
- Stonehedge Fiber Mill: This Michigan based mill produces a wonderful merino yarn that is made entirely in the US with US-made milling equipment.
In addition to all of the companies above, we are proud to carry these small operations, based right here in the US:
- Classic Elite
- Ella Rae
- Filatura di Crosa
- Tahki Yarns
- Debbie Bliss – We stock Baby Cashmerino and Eco Baby, as well as pattern books.
- Spud & Chloë – We stock the entire yarn collection and patterns of this machine washable yarn.
- Skacel Zauberball
- Knitting Fever Indulgence Sock
- Berroco Remix
- Cascade Eco Wool
- The Fibre Company Organik
- Rowan Purelife
- Spud & Chloë Outer, Sweater & Fine
- Swans Island